Sunday, February 15, 2015

cross my heart hope to die



I love unfinished poetry and unmade beds. 
I love when people begin a sentence and abandon it when they realize they don't know what they want to say. 
I love holes punched through the wall because the girl loves someone else.
 I love the sound people make when they see a falling star. 
I love when they spit when they talk and then apologize for it. 
I love mascara-smeared eyes and shaky-voiced 2 AM confessions. 
I love kisses where teeth collide. 
I fall in love with people in their most honest and vulnerable moments,
 I fall in love with their stained blue jeans and slipped curse words and guilty pleasures. 
Honesty is a reminder that we're surviving, that we've survived a lot of things, and that we'll probably survive whatever comes next. 
Honesty is letting the rain fall and not worrying about getting wet. 

4 comments:

  1. "I fall in love with their stained blue jeans and slipped curse words and guilty pleasures." This is all so true... the imperfections are sometimes the easiest things to fall in love with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS POST!!
    Perfect way to explain yourself.
    So different to describe love!
    well done!!
    BRAVO

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Honesty is a reminder that we're surviving, that we've survived a lot of things, and that we'll probably survive whatever comes next."
    inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  4. This. Post. Though. I'm stealing all of this FYI. "I love when people begin a sentence and abandon it when they realize they don't know what to say." Me every day.

    ReplyDelete