Thursday, March 12, 2015

a teenage shoot-'em-up





I'm tired of taking bullets for you

what?

I'm tired of it 

what are you talking about

come on, just come on 

we have to get going 

you think I'm going to fall for this again

I said I'm tired of taking bullets for you 

It didn't mean anything

you know I love you babe

everybody's waiting in the car 

let's go

I don't want to go

I'm hungry 

there will be food there, darling 

I love you 

let's go

I just want you to give me something 

give me something that's not a pain in my chest 

give me warmth or thrill or a trophy

because I've been chasin' for so long 

been runnin' from bullets for so long 

and my knees are all scraped up 

got shin splints real bad 

because this whole time 

I thought I was saving you

I thought I was taking those bullets for you

that's why I kept getting back up 

the doctor always thinks it's a miracle

i recover so fast

but it's because i got places to be

lovers to save

bullets to take

but baby you bought those bullets 

hell, you bought the gun 

you loaded it 

you're the bad guy 

it was you firing all along 

and I'm just so tired of taking bullets for you 



8 comments:

  1. this hit me. wow. like damn. thank you.
    You bought the bullets, you bought the gun, you loaded it.
    It was you firing all along.
    I'm tired of taking bullets for people too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I just want you to give me something

    give me something that's not a pain in my chest "

    soooo good. I feel this way towards a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so many kinds of wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

  4. because this whole time
    I thought I was saving you

    i took bullets for people too. i relate to this a ton

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best titles of the year.

    This was different. A dialogue. A back and forth. It was gangster and 1940 and love song and violence and high school.

    You're too good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "and I'm just so tired of taking bullets for you"

    i can relate to this. such a good post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "and I'm just too tired of taking bullets for you"

    but isnt it funny..... that no matter how sick of it we are..... we still would?

    ReplyDelete