Saturday, March 7, 2015

shovels and testaments




he taught me a lot about love 
and how it twists and turns 
how it rolls over in bed to be closer 
and how it hardly ever learns 

the bible didn't warn me about heartbreak 
and neither did the preacher 
he taught me about God and prayer 
that I should always dig deeper deeper deeper

but our love, our love digs 2,000 inches deep 
and stretches 5,000 miles wide 
and no chronicle and no testament can make me long 
to be anywhere but right there by his side 

5 comments:

  1. Your title is perfect.

    "the bible didn't warn me about heartbreak
    and neither did the preacher
    he taught me about God and prayer
    that I should always dig deeper deeper deeper"
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. and how it twists and turns
    how it rolls over in bed to be closer

    this line makes me feel something. and i believe in this type of love. i loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "no chronicle and no testament can make me long
    to be anywhere but right there by his side"

    okay wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the bible didn't warn me about heartbreak
    and neither did the preacher"
    mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bible didn't warn me about heart break.
    You just gave me something to write about.

    ReplyDelete