Saturday, April 25, 2015

here's the thing



you've made my heart stop 4000 times since i've met you
and conditioned my heart to racing for years
now it can outrun the best

you keep thinking you're in love 
but your love is a brand new white t-shirt 
that's dingy after a few hikes and climbs
but you wear it until it rips

my love is satin and it's been passed down
generation to generation
it's been red and blue and yellow once, for a few weeks
and aside from a few stains,
i try to keep it clean

every time i write a poem
it's meant to be about someone else
but it's always about you

one time a boy told me i always smelled 
like sunflowers
and before i thanked him or even blushed
i turned to see if you heard





4 comments:

  1. Yah that last line does kill. And the part about where hes conditioned your heart. This whole thing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and conditioned my heart to racing for years
    now it can outrun the best" that's the line I quoted but really I loved the entire thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "one time a boy told me i always smelled
    like sunflowers
    and before i thanked him or even blushed
    i turned to see if you heard"


    This kinda explains my life right now. Wow

    ReplyDelete