Sunday, April 5, 2015

these boots are made for talking



my mamas always borrowing mine 
she's never been one to love what she has 
but I borrow hers just as much 
so maybe it says just as much about me 
as it does about her. 
once I fell for a boy who never wore any. 
I guess he felt like he needed more protection around his heart 
than his feet 
and I guess I should've done that too 
because while his feet grew callused and tough 
his heart didn't even bruise. 
my dads been buying the same pair since I can remember
and he's had the same job that long too.
I can't blame him though because he's doing what's best and I love him for that 
plus, the pair he keeps buying are cool.
they're cool shoes. 
they say you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes 
so maybe that explains why my sister wears the same ones every day 
and why my brother only wears the ones his friends wear
and why I take so long to pick mine out in the morning.


6 comments:

  1. "because while his feet grew callused and tough
    his heart didn't even bruise."

    chills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we just appreciate this for a moment?

    "they say you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes
    so maybe that explains why my sister wears the same ones every day
    and why my brother only wears the ones his friends wear
    and why I take so long to pick mine out in the morning."

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay the title is so important.
    "his heart didn't even bruise."
    gold. this post was pure gold.
    definitely one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously so good. Loved the last couple lines as well as, "I guess he felt like he needed more protection around his heart than his feet." You are seriously so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU MAKE ANYTHING THE MOST INTERESTING THING EVER.
    I hope you're having fun beach camping. This is incredible.

    ReplyDelete